Friday, October 30, 2009

Project 4: Automation


For this project, we had to work with automation. If I did it correctly, you would make your pattern or whatever and then open up the mixer (which is right next to the step sequencer, piano roll, playlist, etc. options). You would have a whole bunch of different volume controls, and then 2 more on the right. Then there was an overall volume control for that selected pattern.
My inspiration for this 30-ish (less) second long thing was Utada Hikaru/Wakeshima Kanon/J-Pop. I was going for a kind of techno-pop feel.
I just used a simple drum loop (there was 2 right in a row, and then 1 on the next beat) with this funky bass I found...BASS_EmEf_C2. There was only one note for that, but I really liked it. Reminded me of Dr. Acula.
In the beginning of Simple and Clean/Hikari there is this girl breathing and the effects on it just sound really kool, and you can tell they're repeating it over each other and messing with the volume, and basically everything they can.
I made the volume sort of fade in from the beginning, as well as change the sound of the actual kick drum. It sounded a lot softer and less well...BANG and high-pitched (somewhat).
Then I added the bass in (which I kept fairly original).

2 comments:

  1. Im listening to Simple and Clean right now, but the Planet-B remix (I dont like the acoustic guitar in the other version Ive heard). Im very frusterated that your file is only playing a second of silence. When it is fixed please tell me somehow. I didnt expect you would actually upload all the projects like you said. But I guess you always have been reliable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That one is the best. XD sounds most like the one from the video game.
    I have like 5 versions of that song, and they all suck. Even the Hikari ones.
    Da**. (I censored myself.) That really sucks. I should've checked.
    I'll tell you when I figure out what went wrong.
    hahaha I didn't expect I would either.
    And, thanks.
    PS I guess I am, just a procrastinator.

    ReplyDelete